Thanks to Erica Wollman for nominating me for the Liebster blog award!
The Liebster Award is kind of like a chain letter, a blogger to blogger award where you nominate other bloggers. It’s a blogger’s way of saying “You’re one of my favorites! Good job!” (Liebster is German for “favorite”) There are no judges and no rules. There is no website with an official team to congratulate you. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.
About Erica Wollman:
Her and her husband have been vegan for two years. They made the leap after watching Earthlings. On her blog you can see her photography, read restaurant reviews, and share in her life as a vegan. I first became aware of Erica when she entered one of our contest and won.
What to do for the Liebster Award:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself. • Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to. • Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post. • Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated • No tag backs.
Random facts about me:
1. I was a Girl Scout until I was 17. I earned my Silver Award and was close to achieving my Gold Award when I dropped out.
2. In high school my friends and boyfriend talk me into doing our city’s beauty pageant. Worse. Experience. Ever!
3. I turned my husband into a reality t.v. show called “How do I Look?” He recieved $2000 in clothes and had is hair cut off. I was the first person to use the term “package” in reference to male genitalia on the E Network. Our episode had a couple of clips in that season’s top ten. Oh yeah, and they made me look like the bitch from hell.
4. While I was living in Virginia Beach and Phillip was in Los Angeles, I was offered a job in New York. I had some big decisions to make. As I was leaving on a Red Eye back to Virginia from L.A., I threw Phillip in a phone booth and proposed. He said yes and I passed on the job in N.Y. I moved back to L.A. four months later.
5. I am allergic to bananas and avocados. It sucks!
6. Phillip and I lived in a rock n’ roll commune for a while. We were broke, but it still was one of the best times of our lives.
7. I had dread locks for 5 years and I miss them every day.
8. My labor was 4 hours long and I pushed Anzia out in 10 minutes. I had known that the meconium sack had broken and it freaked me out. I used so many swear words that my grandma reprimanded me after, because she could hear all the way from the waiting room.
9. Once upon a time I had written a script that was a true story and it actually had interest from some Hollywood folks. I backed out at the last-minute because there was talk of changing it so that people I loved would be made to look bad and I couldn’t allow that to happen. Maybe one day I will dust it off and try again.
10. In the rock n’ roll days, my roommate was this guy Cody Chesnutt. He made his album the Headphone Masterpiece in the bedroom next to mine. In order to tour with him I became the “bubble girl” and came on stage to blow bubbles during the song “Up the Treehouse.” I had the opportunity to tour with the Roots and Erykah Badu. Anzia’s middle name came from the song “The Seed,” off this album, which was later re-recorded by The Roots.
11. When Phillip and I were dating we visited his dad in Florida. While reminiscing about family in Italy they kept talking about a family member named Anzia. I fell in love with the name and we decided if we had a daughter that would be her name. After Anzia was born my father n’ law called family in Italy to announce the birth. They all wondered where the name Anzia came from. It turns out the family members name was Anza and they had been pronouncing it wrong all those years.
Erica’s Questions to me:
1. What is your favorite vegan recipe? Cheesy Roux because it has so many different uses
2. What are your hobbies? Cooking and working with clay
3. Mountains or the beach? Beach
4. What is your favorite animal? Dolphin
5. What is your favorite kitchen item? Vita-mix
6. What is your dream career? Professional Baker
7. What is your favorite book? It has been so long since I have read anything for entertainment. I would probably have to say The Stand, by Steven King.
8. What is your guilty pleasure? Classic movies. If I had the time I would sit and watch all day.
9. Cookies or Cake? Cookies
10. Favorite season? In Washington, summer. When I lived in California, spring.
11. What is your favorite kind of music? My tastes are really all over the place. My current top three are Michael Franti, Neil Young, and Architecture in Helsinki. But I have to say I love the Mackelmore album.
Blogs I am nominating (there are so many I love and want to support, so I chose the ones that are newer to me.):
Questions for the Bloggers I picked:
1. What are the three ingredients you always have on hand?
2. What is the best vegan meal you have had at a restaurant?
3. What are 3 pointers you would give to new vegans?
4. What was the first meal from your pre vegan days that you recreated vegan?
5. Where would you like to go for your dream vacation?
6. What has been your biggest challenge as a blogger?
7. What has been the most helpful thing you have learned about blogging on a technical level?
8. If you had the means to organize a fund-raising event, what would it be and who would the proceeds go to?
9. What has been the highlight of your blogging experience so far?
10. What is your favorite magazine or E-zine?
11. Are you going to sign up for the Virtual Vegan Potluck?