First off, congrats to the winners of the Glad Cow Cookbook, Lu Ann Strauss and Hailey! Please contact us with your mailing address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here in Salem, Oregon, Episode 3 of Don’t Fear the Vegan aired and the main event this evening was vegan cheese. We would like to give a special thanks to Imber of Vtopian Artisan Cheeses for her guest appearance. Check her out the website and Facebook. The recipe for her amazing Mac n’ Cheese is below.
Thanks for all who have been watching and a special thanks to those who have subscribed to our You Tube Channel. I would like everyone to know that with our current agreement with CCTV we are not allowed to collect any form of payment. Yes, we are working absolutely on a volunteer basis simply trying to get the Vegan lifestyle out there. So when we ask you to subscribe or to share it is only to help spread the word and to let us know the time we are putting into this is worth it. Anzia was super excited when her bacon rant hit 3000 views in a matter of three days. Thanks to everyone who shared!
Imber’s No Bake Vtopian Mac N’ Cheese
Creamy Cashew Cheese Sauce
1 lb cooked pasta (macaroni)
5.5 oz super-firm tofu
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup of vegan (non-dairy) milk (I like rice milk)
1/2 Block of Vtopian Aged White Cheddar
2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon of light miso (I like chickpea miso)
2 teaspoons of salt
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Juice of half a lemon (around 1 Tablespoon)
2 garlic gloves minced
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Vtopian Reserve Sharp Cheddar (grated to taste)
1. Blend tofu, cashews, milk, olive oil, miso, lemon, salt, pepper in a food processor until nice and smooth.
2. Transfer to a pot and then add the garlic and Vtopian Aged White Cheddar. Grate Reserve Sharp Cheddar to taste.
3. Stir on stove at a medium heat until heated and smooth. The mixture will thicken a bit. This takes around 5 minutes
4. Pour on pasta and garnish with grated Reserve Sharp Cheddar
5. Add chopped basil (optional)
Read the Pimento Cheese Spread recipe here.